The Georgia Avenue Window Walk is a temporary public art project that engages residents, businesses and visitors to the community by placing art installations in existing and vacant storefront spaces along the lower Georgia Avenue Corridor. The works on view will comprise of contemporary visual art and educational installations by local artists, organizations and youth groups.
The projects on display will tie back to the Georgia Avenue community, culture, or its history in some way. For more information on the history of Georgia Avenue click here>>
- Improve the look of Georgia Avenue, attracting better retail
- Connect residents to historical and cultural aspects of Georgia Avenue
- Provide local artists with an opportunity for exposure
- Engage community members in a process resulting in positive change
- Attract visitors to the area to dine and shop at the existing businesses