The Georgia Avenue Window Walk is a temporary public art project that engages residents, businesses and visitors to the community by placing art installations in existing and vacant storefront spaces along the lower Georgia Avenue Corridor. The works on view will comprise of visual art and educational installations by local artists and organizations.
The project is a collaboration between The Georgia Avenue Community Development Task Force, Pleasant Plains Workshop, and a group of Pleasant Plains residents.
- Improve the look of Georgia Avenue
- Connect residents and visitors to historical and cultural aspects of Georgia Avenue
- Provide local artists with an opportunity for exposure
- Engage community members in a process resulting in positive change
- Attract visitors to the area to dine and shop at the existing businesses
- Attract new retail to Georgia Avenue
Artwork on display will tie back to the Georgia Avenue community, culture, or its history in some way. For more information on the history of Georgia Avenue click here>>